Livescore API coverage for: France
For France we provide livescore coverage for 8 leagues. They are:
- Ligue 2 - Ligue 2, also known as Domino’s Ligue 2, serves as the second division of football in France. It consists of 20 teams competing. At the end of the season, the first and the second in the table are promoted to Ligue 1. Moreover, the third, fourth and fifth are playing the pay-offs for the promotion. The season typically runs from August to May, with each team playing 38 games. Together with Ligue 1, it makes up the Ligue de Football Professionel.
- Ligue 1 - Also known as Ligue 1 Conforama, Ligue 1 is the main football division in France. In the tournament participates 19 French soccer teams and even a not-French club: AS Monaco. The season runs from August to May. When the season ends, the three highest scored teams can participate in the UEFA Champions League group phase and the fourth and fifth in the UEFA Europa League group phase. The team placed in the sixth position will be eligible to participate in the second round to access to UEFA Europa League. The two lowest scored teams will be relegated to Ligue 2. Ligue 1 is considered as Ligue de Football Professionel.
- National - The Championnat de France National (in English: French National Championship), is commonly associated as National or Division 3. This tournament constitutes the third division of the French football league system behind Ligue 1 and Ligue 2. It was created in 1994 and its original name was National 1. At the end of the season, the top 3 highest scored teams are promoted to Ligue 2. On the other hand, the last 4 in the table are relegated to CFA.
other hand, the last 4 in the table are relegated to CFA.
- League Cup - The participants of the League Cup are only professional soccer teams. The tournament starts in August/September and it ends in March/ April. The winner is eligible to participate in the third round for the UEFA Europa League.
- Cup - It is one of the main national football meetings. Organized by the French Football Federation, it is played by all the amateurs and professional teams of France. The winner will be eligible to participate in the UEFA Europa League. Its first edition was in 1917.
- Ligue 2:: qualification -
- Ligue 1:: qualification -
- Super Cup - The Supercup of France is a match between the Ligue 1 winner and the Cup of France winner. Since 1995, it constitutes the starting point of football competitions. In the past, it was also called Challenge des champions.